Sunday, January 3, 2010

Good Morning!

Well it is a brand new year and we are off to a tremendous start, lol. We have had some car trouble and of course, as usual it wasn't cheap. I hope today starts off a wonderful week of no troubles. I am going to be very positive.

The holidays were just absolutely wonderful. It was filled with tons of family and friends. The kids had a great time. And I'm proud to say we had sweets but didn't overdo it. To me that is a major accomplishment.

Cameron started back on his school schedule last night. It is so hard for kids to get so much time off and then have to be thrust back in the school scene. This is the first time that I've let him just stay up and sleep as late as he wanted. I'm sure that wasn't a good thing, but everyone deserves to indulge in something every now and again.

Breanna has been gone since Christmas Day afternoon. I really miss her. She can be very tiring at times with all the talk but I really miss her. I'm going to work on getting her room put back together for when she comes home Tuesday. I hope she isn't to tired. It is really hard on her to come back from a long visit and not having the same sleep patterns and having to get up early the next day to go back to school. I'm sure she will do as always and come straight in from school and try to fall asleep and beg for bed at 6:00 pm.

Just like the last few years, Kevin and I get past birthdays, anniversary, and all the holidays and then sit back and say "Wow, look how long we've been together!" Yep, we've been married now 3 years and together for 4 1/2 years...can you believe it! This has been the best years of my life with him. I never thought marriage could be so comfortable. I know comfortable might sound like not a great word to describe a marriage but it really is. We know each other in and out and have a wonderful way to communicate. There is never any drama (unless the outside seeps in from down under, lol) and we just take life in stride. But most of all we love each other and we both know it. If you've ever been in a bad relationship (most have) then you know how wonderful it is to find one that really works. Plus to share a relationship with God tops the list.

The church is starting a Biggest Loser Challenge and Kevin and I have seriously thought about joining. We start Monday and I think more than anything it would be good to do as a family. So keep tuned to see if we crash and burn or become our skinny inner beings, lol.

I'm going to start working on some new recipes. I told Kevin last night that I thought the hardest part of eating healthy was that every recipe called for a dozen items and 1 1/2 hours in the kitchen. Who wants to do that? So my goal this year is to make good healthy food fast. We will see. Today I'm going to do a leftover turkey soup. I baked a turkey breast (the hugest thing I've ever seen) on New Year's Day and have plenty leftover. Everyone knows how I feel about throwing away food and wasting. And of course turkey in my house doesn't go to waste since it is my favorite meat to cook with.

Also, I'm considering a job endeavor. Not sure if it is going to work out. I will know more next Tuesday. It's one of those too good to be true, but to good not to try things and I'm still weighing in on it.

Well not a bad post if I say so myself. I'll try to be on here more often. Yep, you did hear that one before. I decided I'm going to post when I have something to say. So you might see me more than one time in a day. So hold on to your keyboard and don't turn your desk chair over, I'm okay!

No comments:

Post a Comment