Monday, January 4, 2010

Calling All Losers!!!!!

Well it has been a very busy day. Worked really hard a the charity today and got home just in time for a tostada and rice before we had to be at the Biggest Loser Competition at the church. I think we had 50 people or more show up. This is going to be so much fun and what great fellowship. Our church is so huge that it is hard to know everyone and this will give us a chance to meet some more people. This is a money pot from the $5 everyone will put in every week, plus the $1 per pound they gain, lol (not planning on doing that, crossing my fingers anyway). Every week the person who losses the biggest percentage of weight will win $20 and at the end of April the person that has lost the most percentage of weight overall wins what is left in the pot. It should be a fair amount since we had such a good turn out. Time to dust off the treadmill and elliptical machine that has been so badly ignored. Kevin and I are going to do this together so we should be driving each other crazy by the end of the week. You know I'm just kidding. I know we will be supportive and help each other any way we can because we have the best relationship.

Some tips we were given for Week One:

1. Set realistic expectations and goals for exercise. (I figure at least 30 minutes on the treadmill a day would be a good first step)

2. Working out in small bust strenuous spurts will get you the same results as working out moderately for a continuous about of time. (3 days this week I plan to turn up my pace for 5-10 minutes, as long as I don't pass out)

3. Pick exercises you enjoy. (I love to hula hoop on the Wii Fit, so I might do this a few times this week)

4. Integrate weight training into your routine. (the treadmill had weights, so once I get my balance and am sure I won't fall off I'll just start swinging those weights in my arms)

5. Do not expect Spot Reduction. (hey I plan on the all over weight loss, if it was just my arms then I wouldn't have joined I would have bought long sleeves, lol)

Well wish this house luck, this will be a journey for us all. Let me know if you are doing it, I'd love to know how you are doing and what you accomplish.

No comments:

Post a Comment