Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Chicken and Veggies



Okay here is our healthy dinner for tonight. Kids loved it, well Cameron said he would rather have carrots out of the can instead of the bag, lol. Good Grief!

Crock Pot Roasted Chicken

1 Whole Chicken
2 tbsp of McCormick Garlic & Herb Salt Free Seasoning
1 1/2 cups Water

Rinse Chicken and sprinkle Seasoning inside and out. Place in Crock Pot and add Water. I plan to use my stock in a soup for Friday so if you don't plan on doing that you might not need as much water. I was really surprised at how brown it got. Anyway I put my on low the night before and waited this morning for a few hours to see it it would brown before turning it to warm.

I think there would be at least 6 Servings
335 Calories per 1 cup Serving (this is the only way I knew how to figure it, I used a website to help me calculate)

Aluminum Foil Oven Roasted Veggies

1 can Corn drained
1 can Green Beans drained
1 cup Baby Carrots
2 tbsp Olive Oil
Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, Salt & Pepper to taste

I made a foil packet and just put Corn, Green Beans and Carrots inside. Sprinkled on the amount of seasonings that I thought would be good (didn't need much) and then covered with my Olive Oil. Tossed it with a fork and closed the packet. Baked at 400 degrees for an hour and just turned the stove off and let it sit until I was ready to serve it. It was great. I went really low on salt since I'm always afraid to over do it, so ended up added some when we ate.

Serves 4
165 Calories per Serving

As shock to me the whole meal came to 500 Calories. We all drank water so we stayed healthy.

Did great on Caloric Intake and Exercise today, YEA!

Well kids are so tired from the first day back at school. They are taking baths and then asked to go to bed early. I'm going to oblige them, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment