Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Low Calorie English Muffin Breakfast Sandwich

Low Calorie English Muffin Breakfast Sandwich

1 Multi-Grain English Muffin (I toasted mine)
1 Egg (fixed how you like it, I fried mine and Kevin scrambled his)
2 slices of Bacon

I put a little bit of light mayo on mine and seasoned with salt and pepper. I would have added a slice of tomato but forgot to pick them up yesterday when at the store. If you prepare your bacon once a week it will save on the time to prepare.

260 calories per serving

I wanted to come up with a healthy and quick way for us to eat breakfast everyday. Kevin is always running out the door so this works out great. He even scrambled his egg the night before. I couldn't do that, yuck! I needed my egg to be fresh. I also put 2 slices of Bacon but really you can get by with 1 and cut back the calories even more, just minus 40 calories. Be sure to use a no calorie cooking spray. Tomorrow I think I'll make Oatmeal, a favorite of mine and good for you.

I've been looking up some tasty recipes and making them low-calorie so that we can eat them. I'm going to try one tomorrow and I'll post it and let you know how it is. I meant to take a picture or my Breakfast Sandwich but forgot. I'm sure I'll be having that often. I've got a whole chicken in the crock pot and I want to use up some of my pantry items so I think I'm going to make green beans and try to roast a can of corn and some baby carrots in the oven for dinner. Should be good. I'm going to save my broth and may make my Leftover Turkey Soup again Friday. It really went fast.

I am officially looking for some part-time work. As of February 1st I will no longer be at the charity. I need to make a little money and of course they can't compensate me like I need to be. So if you hear anything. I need something at home or during school hours if at all possible but would consider other times.

Yesterday's diet and exercise plan went very well for me. Stayed on track. I have to admit that needing a snack before bed will be an obstacle to overcome. Today I'm learning to drink my coffee black, done it before so it should be good.

Kids started back to school today and very tired I might add. Breanna came home and said she had slept good during her visit. We have such a strict routine and it is hard on her to come back from not as much structure to our schedule. Of course we had been working on Cameron's schedule for past several nights so he was pretty good. He woke up several times in the night and was a little tired tonight. Both said they were going to bed real early tonight, lol. I told them we had church but I may see how they feel after school and may just stay home and let them get in bed early.

Of course it didn't help getting home from picking up Breanna until 9 pm. My car broke down and was fixable it just took a little while to do it. So it delayed us at getting the kids in bed on time. Well I have a few things to do on my schedule today so I will try to post more later. I've never cooked a whole chicken in the crock pot so I'll let you know how it is. All I know now is that it smells very delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment