Sunday, January 10, 2010

Breakfast Surprise!

Okay like everyone else I live for the quick meal. Breakfast is no different. I have been eating instant oatmeal (the low sugar kind) forever. Mostly because it was quick and it seemed crazy to make a pot of oatmeal for just me. This morning since I had so much time on my hands I decided to pull out the Quick Oats and make my own. First of all it didn't take any longer to make than the instant oatmeal did. Second...I was able to just make a one serving size portion. I just followed the recipe on the back of the package. Third...the portion that you are allowed to have is so huge I couldn't finish it. Fourth...the best of all is that you get more for your calorie intake. One packet of low-sugar instant oatmeal is about half the serving of the quick oats serving and the same calories...so this is a no brainer. I added a tsp of Splenda and a splash of Skim Milk to mine. I also stirred in a tbsp of Peanut Butter since all diet sites and blogs rave about it. Well it wasn't for me. No PB in my Oatmeal! I am however going to buy me some of that Splenda Brown Sugar Blend. I haven't tried it and think it would be a real treat for some things.

No comments:

Post a Comment