Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Yummy Chicken Squash Pasta


Needed to use some of my yellow summer squash from the garden and I've been looking a various recipes. I couldn't find one I wanted to make with pasta and Cameron decided I need to make something with farfalle pasta and Alfredo sauce so this is what I came up with based on his request.

2 boneless chicken breasts, diced
6 slices bacon, chopped
2 medium onions, sliced
1 jar Alfredo sauce
1 box farfalle pasta, cooked
2 cups yellow squash (whatever you have would probably be good), sliced
1 tsp. Italian seasoning
1 tbsp. minced garlic
olive oil
salt and pepper, to taste
crushed red pepper flakes, to taste

Cook bacon in a fry pan, add onions and minced garlic (may have to add a bit of olive oil). Cook until translucent and add Italian seasoning, crushed red pepper flakes (always add salt and pepper as you layer your cooking). Add squash and steam. Drain cooked pasta and add Alfredo sauce until warmed through, top with fry pan contents. Cook diced chicken (I like small pieces), in a small amount of olive oil in same fry pan and then mix with pasta. This was an awesome throw together pasta and the kids loved it. I will definitely make it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment