Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Wednesday Whining.....

Okay so last night I had the bright idea to make my famous (to my family) fajitas in the crock pot. I was concerned at the amount of liquid it might create and so this is what I came up with.

http://www.livestrong.com/recipes/crock-pot-chicken-fajitas/

The only thing I don't do is use chicken broth usually but thought it might need it (maybe I shouldn't have).

Anyway true to my thinking...too much liquid. I also think the veggie are too done for me (for fajitas). So I tasted it and had forgotten that the crock pot holds flavor in and it is very spicy...very tasty also. Not a complete mess. I decided this won't go to waste, so I'm going to stir up some cornbread and make a casserole. I also think it would make a good soup by adding more chicken broth and either cream cheese or sour cream. So tonight will be a trial and I'll have to post what happens and let you know if we have all survived.

Cameron starts homeschooling Monday. So today we went over his schedule and I had him write his first day of lessons in his agenda. I'm not sure that letting him pick his agenda was the best, I had my doubts that is was a good one but thinking about letting him have control of things that might not matter much I let him make the final decision. The problem is he writes too BIG. I think that probably is just a personal preference...I know some people that write so small that you can't read it. Oh well, so not much space to write and no lines (that's another issue in itself, lol).

So I'm whining on a Wednesday...I still have the rest of the week to overcome and well really all this isn't so bad.

One last note without all the details...don't make excuses to your ex about why you can't pick up your daughter (2 different excuses in a matter of hours, neither of which are legit) for visitation and then post on facebook what you have been doing and it contradicts your story. You just told on yourself..of course we knew you were lying because it is typical.

No comments:

Post a Comment