Thursday, July 28, 2011

Thursday Tattler

Today started out with full of energy and I'm very optimistic about the upcoming week. Breanna will be home Sunday and Kevin is getting her computer all ready for her to become more knowledgeable. We are going to start to give her some daily computer time so that she is more comfortable with maneuvering and allow her to use the Disney website, since it is one of her favorite stations on TV.

Kevin is home and we are doing some planning. I'm amazed at how well we communicate. No matter what I throw his way he is always supportive. I have been really working on budgets and calendars this week. Bills are being paid on time and today one got paid early (this was a task we were concerned about since I quit my job). We never really worry because we know God always has is in his care and always comes through for us. Of course we are human and I'm OCD so a little planning never hurts, I think God wants it that way. We have decided to to a little tweaking and make the current computers in the house work for us. We have a ridiculous amount of computers...seriously. We have a family desk top that is older than dirt and with a $50 upgrade it should last us a couple more years. Kevin, Cameron and I all have laptops (mine being the oldest) and Breanna has a desk top that was refurbed. So we figured by spending just $50 that we can make them all stay in commission for a couple more years. Our goal is to buy a new all-in-one top of the line in 2013 for the family and then reaccess from there. So one big decision made.

For those who don't know my car has been on blocks now for...well I can't remember how long, I'd say a month. Finally the parts are supposed to be here today, coming UPS. Local shops didn't sell them and Kevin had to get them online. We are just on the other side of the green so to speak. Hopefully next weekend Kevin won't have to work and will be able to dedicate those days to repairing it. He's a bit stressed because this a new fix for him and from what he tells me if it doesn't line up right the engine won't crank...and that would be bad. He'd have to start over. But hey I have all the patience and faith in him. I told him don't rush, I don't need it, I've managed this long and well take your time and do it at a pace you are comfortable with so that you don't get frustrated. He is the best husband and father and I would never put too much on him on purpose.

I'm really excited about the upcoming changes at our house. Our storm door shattered a little while back and well we really didn't see the rush (wish we had), with all the rain this year and living on a hill (downhill) water leaked into our entry and well the floor is weakened. So we are going to fix that area and pull up the living room carpet and put matching kitchen flooring down since it is adjoining. We have the carpet to put in both the kids rooms. So the plan is to redecorate the living room. I've got browns and neutrals in mind. I'm just not sure really. I want to get two tall bookcases to match our TV stand and for both sides, possibly with some doors for hidden storage. We are going to really minimize our furniture, hoping to keep a more spacious look. I love my new wooden blinds so I don't really want a window treatment. I guess we shall see as the weeks go by.

I want to buy a new fridge and stove after the first of the year. I really been thinking about all the new fridges on the market and I think I want a double wide side by side top and freezer on the bottom. I guess we shall see if we win the lottery first and how much of a dent Christmas ends up being. Of course I've already made my shopping list and am slowly working on it. I have the kids birthdays in October so that will be on the top of the money spending list.

With all the August calendar planning complete (menu, activities, Dr. Appts., Bre's visitation, Bre's school schedule, Cameron's Homeschooling, work, etc.) I'm feeling very confident that this month will go smooth. I got Cameron into his old Psychologist for his therapy, doesn't start until September. I was so glad he could take us. It has been 2 years since we had him in regular therapy and I really didn't want him to have to get comfortable with someone new. Plus he is awesome. Nationally know and has wrote several books and workbooks for self-help. He is a Godly man and we always question that when we start treatment with anyone new.

So that's all the tattling I'm doing today. I'm sure there is more to tell but well I just may want to save some for later. I just have one last comment to add. Make time everyday to enjoy your family and never let a moment pass without telling them you love them.

No comments:

Post a Comment