Monday, July 11, 2011

General Tso Chicken

My family is a HUGE fan of Chinese food. One of our favorite dishes is General Tso Chicken. I've made it from scratch before and it took time and well I'm into quick dishes. I was in Walmart a while back and looked in the Oriental isle and looked around the sauces. The fact that I lived three years in Japan makes me a bit picky with certain flavors. I just can't help it. I found a sauce packet that I thought I'd like to try.



I of course didn't follow the recipe as it told me to but it really turned out good. Cameron had two helpings. This a definate purchase again for us.


GENERAL TSO CHICKEN


1 pkg Sunbird General Tso Chicken Seasoning Packet


1/4 cup sugar


3 Tbsp Soy Sauce (I used Bull Dog sauce, a Japanese sauce used in Yakisoba)


3/4 cup water


1 bag pre-breaded chicken pieces (makes this a quick and easy dish)


Directions: I put my chicken in the oven to bake following the package directions (use real chicken pieces not nuggets). When chicken was almost finished I mixed all other ingredients together in a sauce pan and brought to boil, stirring frequently (this doesn't take long). In a large bowl with lid I dumped all my chicken in it and poured my sauce over the top. Placed lid on top and shook until all chicken was coated. I served with steamed white rice. This was a real winner and I will definately make again. I had dinner on the table in less than 30 minutes. I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment