Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Yellow Squash Bread

I found the recipe online a while back and couldn't wait to try it. I will put it on here just like I found it but I ended up turning the heat up to 400 and baking it 1 hour and 45 minutes. I'm not sure why I had to do this. My oven is very accurate. It caused it to be burn on the edges and the bottom, top was fine since I put foil over it when I turned the heat up. I think next time I'll make muffins and hopefully it will turn out better. The taste of the bread was awesome. I definitely will make it again, especially with all the squash growing in the garden this year.

2 cups sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
3 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 cups flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
2 cups unpeeled squash, shredded (it took about 3)
1 cup chopped nuts (I left these out since the kids don't care for them)

Beat sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla in mixing bowl until fluffy. Mix flour, salt, baking soda and cinnamon. Add to egg mixture and stir until well blended.

Stir in squash and nuts. Turn into greased and floured (I just used non-stick spray, worked great) 9 x 15 x 3 loaf pan. Bake at 350 for 1 hour and 20 minutes or until done (yeah). Wrap with foil when cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment