Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Italian Sausage Deep Dish Pizza

This was a quick spur of the moment meal. I had everything on hand and it was a huge hit with the whole family.


1 lb. Mild Italian Sausage
2 cups Shredded Cheese
2 cans Refrigerated Biscuits (I used Grands)
1 medium Onion sliced thin
Crushed Red Pepper
2 tsp. Minced Garlic
Olive Oil
Nonstick Spray
Italian Seasoning
Salt and Pepper
Ragu Garden Style Sauce (use whatever you like)

Heat oven to 350 degrees. In a fry pay fry onions until translucent then add Minced Garlic, Crushed Red Pepper, Italian Seasoning and Italian Sausage...fry until brown. I used 3 pie pans, spread biscuits on bottom and sides of pan, then brush with Olive Oil, spread half the cheese on bottom. Once meat mixture is done spread over cheese, then top with Ragu sauce and then the rest of the cheese. Bake in oven for 20 minutes and enjoy.



You could easily make this a special pizza night creation. Make all your toppings and layer in as each person wants...what a pizza party that would be. Everything was on hand in my pantry or freezer from coupon stock up. I don't even think I have $5 in this whole family meal...AWESOME!

No comments:

Post a Comment