Saturday, July 2, 2011

Thanks Brother!!!

I just had to make a quick post. Cameron hasn't really wanted to go any place for days. He even turned down the opportunity to go buy fireworks with my dad earlier today. This is a tradition that he has always looked forward to. Since I've seem him withdraw from social situations before I knew not to push him. I figured church tomorrow and dinner with the grandparents was enough for the weekend.

Out of the blue my brother Carl called and wanted Cameron to go see Transformers in 3D. I wasn't sure if he would go but he loves my brother and has a special closeness with him. After just a moment of hesitation he said yes an immediately got in the shower and ready to go.



Cameron waiting for Transformers to start.




I don't know if Carl knew that he was doing this household a huge favor. First, he gave Cameron a spark and got him excited about something outside the house. Second, I've had about an hour break so far and it was a wonderful feeling to know that Cameron was safe and I could relax. Third, I heard it was about a 3 hour movies so Kevin and I will have a couple hours alone time (that is very, no extremely rare).

Let me just say that I am thankful for every moment I have with both of my children. But just like all families, every parent needs a break. If you know someone that has a child with any type of special need, do them a favor and offer to entertain their child for even just an hour. You have no idea what just an hour can do do rejuvenate a person.

No comments:

Post a Comment