Friday, October 30, 2009

What a wonderful world...

Don't the kids look so sweet. Be sure to check out her new glasses.

We are the perfect family...well maybe not perfect, but we couldn't be happier.

The pumpkin patch next to Jackson's Farm.


The beautiful fall colors on the drive back from Pikeville, TN.

What a wonderful day with that family...God is so good. Of course the kids had a half a day of school and we had the opportunity to do a few thing around the house. I baked Banana Bread for the first time ever. It turned out great and very yummy!
When the kids got home we had lunch and went to pick up Breanna's new glasses. She looks so cute and grown up in them. Then we headed by mom's to check on her and deliver her a loaf of my fresh baked Banana Bread.

After a short visit we headed to Pikeville, TN and went to the Apple House. I love that place...it had been several year since I had been there. We all got some great apple snacks in their little cafe'. The funny thing is that we all splurged on sweets and Bre' wanted an apple just cut up for her snack. Bought some apples then headed down the road to Jackson's Farm for some pumpkins to cut tomorrow. I couldn't resist buying cabbage that was just harvested. Man it was bigger than my head. We bought 4 pumpkins (I'm talking large, bigger that the $4 pumpkins at Walmart) and 5 heads of cabbage (had to get some for my mom...maybe she will feel like making some slaw) and it came to $15.00, totally amazing (buy local). Quick trip to the store for a pumpkin carving kit (where they go every year, who knows) and a few touches for Bre's costume. Stopped on the way home and dropped of mom's cabbage. It was a little too late to go home and cook so we ran down to Rafael's and had some good ole' pizza. We came home and everyone got baths and I put on some Beef Stew for dinner tomorrow. It's a new recipe that I found. I sure hope it turns out good. I've been really taking chances on some new quick recipes lately.

Breanna cracked me up all night. We let her stay up about an hour or more past her bedtime (she can sleep in as late as she wants tomorrow) and she talked the entire time. I'm not exaggerating...she can talk. I recall the first night my dad babysat the kids so Kevin and I could do something. When we got home the first thing he said was that she was either going to be a lawyer or a politician when she grows up...she never stopped talking the moment we dropped her off.

We have a big day tomorrow. I've got to do some housework, laundry and mom sent home some ripe bananas over for me to make some more bread. Kevin will be in charge of the pumpkin carving with the kids (Lord help him, lol!) in the morning. We plan to decorate the trunk for Trunk or Treat at Christ Family Church from 6-8 p.m. tomorrow night. Come out if you can. Well it is kinda late so I'm going to put my recipes on here. I hope you enjoy them.

Easy Banana Nut Bread

1 egg
1 cup sugar
1/2 stick butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. cinnamin
1/2 cup milk
3 medium ripe bananas

2 1/2 cups flour
3 tsp. baking powder

1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 cup chopped pecans (I left these out because the kids won't eat them)


Blend first 7ingredients. Add next 3 ingredients until well mixed. Add nuts then pour in greased and floured large loaf pan (I used a lot of non-stick spray). Sprinkle 3 tablespoons brown sugar on loaf before baking at 350 degrees for 60 minutes or until done. When I made it with nuts, I also sprinkled some on top with the brown sugar.

Crock Pot Beef Stew

2 lbs. cubed beef stew meat
1 cup chopped onion
1 tsp. minced garlic

2 packs of brown gravy mix

1/4 cup Worcestershire Sauce
6 potatoes

8 carrots
2 cups frozen peas (I'm going to use 1 can drained peas)


Season meat with salt and pepper, brown in skillet in 2 tbsp. hot oil. Make the brown gravy, chop onion, potatoes and carrots desired size. Place everything in crock pot except peas. Cook on High 4 1/2 hours or Low for 9 hours. Add peas during last 10 minutes (I'm going to put mine in first thing in the morning since I cook all night on low...I'll change to warm when I do, hopefully it will be fine at dinner time). Planning to serve with sweet Jiffy Cornbread, crusty bread would be good too.


I think I may go back and put some photos on some past post...be sure to check them out. You know I'm indexing now...whoooohoooo!

No comments:

Post a Comment