Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Hump Day!

Well we are finally at hump day, Wednesday. I had to work at Serenity Pointe today. I wish I could go more than once a week but my family needs me. It's nice to be needed. I love the atmosphere there, nothing like any work place environment me or anyone else has ever experienced I'm sure.

Kevin had all three kids today. He managed to take Breanna to the eye doctor and guess what her eyesight is improving just like he thought and her prescription isn't going to be as strong anymore. Still strong, but not as bad. He went and had his chest xray for his physical and the Xray Tech let Bre' watch...she got to see her dad's heart, lol.

They made a Halloween Haunted House today and I think it looks pretty good. I might have to taste it tomorrow.



Kevin decided to clean up the yard and all the kids pitched in and helped him...wonder what got into them. So when I came home the yard looked great and we decided to go to Walmart and pick out some glasses for Bre'. Of course we have to wait and see what the insurance if any is going to pay for since it was after 5 p.m. We picked out some really cute and stylish ones. I was hoping they would be back in time for school pictures but doesn't look like the will be. We decided to make use of all leftovers and made Kielbasa wraps for dinner, not bad. Kids got baths and had snacks. Then it was time to make a dreaded call.

Why does it seem that when you try to do the right thing, it just makes it worse? Breanna's bio-mom gets to spend time with her on her birthday, which is next Wednesday. Well, not only do we go to church on Wednesday nights but it is a school night, so we came up with a great plan that would benefit Breanna. The visitation is basically unscheduled and we are to plan it taking into account that it is either a weekend or weekday, the schedule and also the amount of time Kevin wants to spend with her. So we thought that since this weekend is her regularly scheduled weekend we would just see if she wanted to get her around noon instead of 6 p.m. and that would give her 6 more hours of visitation uninterrupted. The other option would be for her to get her at 4:30 p.m. and return her to us at 6:30 p.m. so that Breanna could attend church and we could take cupcakes to her church class. Keep in mind that would only allow for two hours and we figured that if she did that then she could just spend time in the area to visit with her instead of driving all the way to Bridgeport, AL (over an hour drive). So Kevin made the call so she wouldn't call us at the last minute. What a disaster... Not only did she feel like we were trying to control everything and dictate to her instead of looking at it like we were giving her a few options, but she decided to bring up the past all the way back to the Titanic I think...good heavens. So after a long accusing conversation she decided that she would have to consult her attorney to see what she says before she decides what to do. Why would you pick your child up an hour away, drive an hour back to your house only to drop them off a hour later and then make your child ride and hour back to their home missing church and a party they really want to have? Let's call that selfish and wanting to be in control. Forget Breanna has been looking forward to this party and loves going to church. It just upsets me to think that a parent would rather try to prove a point that to work things out, always trying to make themselves the victim (I could really tell some stories about that). So after thinking about it a little while, I figure as usual she will say she called her attorney and threaten us with something that we are supposed to be afraid of, but well last time that happened we found out her attorney basically had washed her hands of her little situation. So we are going to stick to our guns, she can do the Friday early pick up or spend two hours locally with her. Do you think we are being fair?

When I started this I wasn't going to be specific on certain things, but I think that our situation just might be helpful to others...sometimes it's nice to know you aren't the only one going through life with these issues. I found out that as a Christian you put other people first, especially your children..Kevin and I ask our kids to help make decisions and we do the best to follow through on what we say. Beyond your kids, I've learned you can't make people do the right thing, they have to want to. And sometimes trying to work things out brings out the worst in you. So remember like I try, I'm not perfect, but as a Christian I have to lead by example and that can be very hard at times. The sad part is we have a little girl tonight that thinks her bio-mom doesn't listen to her or really even care about what she wants...and the bio-mom is so blinded by her selfishness she can't see she is doing damage, not just tonight but on several issues in the past. I pray that all parents whether together, divorced or any situation keep in mind that the children didn't ask for this situation that they created and no matter how hard it is do what is best for them. God please give us all the wisdom you had for your son Jesus. You gave the ultimate sacrifice and in my opinion that had to have been the hardest thing any parent could have ever done. Thank you God!

No comments:

Post a Comment