Tuesday, October 20, 2009

I thought it was warming up????

Well we started out early...Child Support office, then headed to Walmart for what was supposed to be a quick oil change...an hour and half later, I took the kids to CiCi's Pizza for lunch (I must have my head examined for that one). Cameron had another bad headache, sinus I think so I headed to Walgreen's on the way home for some meds for him. Nice afternoon at home...Chris played, Bre' watched a movie and Cameron took a nap. Ended up making my own throw together Jambalaya for dinner with some garlic bread...mmmm. Kids are showering and I'm going to get things straightened up and wait for Kevin to come home. We both have a busy day planned tomorrow.

Pammy's Jambalaya
2 boxes Rice A Roni Beef Flavor
4 1/2 cups water
4 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup taco sauce or salsa
1 can corn
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can beans, pinto or kidney
1 package of Kielbasa
Creole Seasoning, Garlic and Onion Powder

Melt butter in pot and add Rice A Roni (set flavor packet aside). Brown Rice then add water and taco sauce and flavor packets and seasonings to liking then urn to high heat. Drain beans and corn and add, add tomatoes, slice Kielbasa and add. Stir and Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and cover for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment