Saturday, October 24, 2009

Just when you think you had a good day...

Well today was the last day for me to sleep in late and yep, I tossed and turned and was wide awake at 5 a.m. Oh well, I was still planning on making this a great day no matter what.

Kevin had to work and of course Bre' is gone, but the rest of us got up and had some breakfast and straightened the house so that we could just enjoy the day with nothing to do. I took Cameron and Christopher to meet mom and dad so they could spend some time with them and I went to lunch with Cindy and her mom.

I went to the store and got some items for Kevin, who is watching his diet. Came home and made Homemade Chicken Vegetable Soup, Key Lime Yogurt Pie and some Mrs. Dash Sour Cream Yogurt Dip for Veggies. I cut up all sorts of vegetables for dipping; squash, cucumbers, mushrooms, bell pepper and carrots. I really hope everyone eats them and this doesn't go to waste.

I went and got the kids and that's when my day made a sudden change. Everything was just fine when I left. Not a thing out of place and the volume on the living room t.v. was working just fine. All the dogs put up but Mojo, so maybe that is my answer, lol. I get home, put the dogs out, tell the kids to get bathed and sit down to watch t.v. and I'm watching a silent show only in color...what's up with that? I did everything, change the channel, tried the t.v. remote (ever so dusty) instead of the cable remote and yes I actually walked over to the t.v. like I had to do when I was a kid and turned it up manually and nothing... So anyway I guess I'll just wait for Kevin to get home so I don't mess anything up. Isn't it funny (not really) how when things are going good something always costs you. Well I guess this will be a good excuse to send the kids to their rooms and Kevin and I to cuddle in bed and watch t.v. tonight. Hey, you gotta look at the bright side of everything.

Here are my recipes for Key Lime Yogurt Pie and Mrs. Dash Sour Cream Yogurt Dip (have tried just got this one of the Internet today). Enjoy them.

Sour Cream Yogurt Dip

1 cup light sour cream
1/2 cup non-fat plain yogurt
1/4 cup light mayonnaise
2 tbsp. Mrs. Dash Original Blend
1/2 tsp. sugar

Mix everything well together, cover and chill for 2-3 hours or overnight. Stir and Serve with fresh cut veggies.

Key Lime Yogurt Pie

1 graham cracker crust
2 containers Key Lime yogurt (you can use any flavor you like)
1 small container of cool whip

Mix yogurt and cool whip together well and pour into graham cracker crust, place in freezer for at least 1 hour. When ready to serve, remove from freezer and let sit for 5 minutes before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment