Friday, October 30, 2009

Judgement House

This so far was the most relaxed day we've had all week. I wanted to post last night but we just were too tired.

After the kids left for school, Kevin and I got to spend sometime just me and him...something that is very rare with a houseful of kids. Of course it was quickly interrupted when bio-mom decided to call us back after leaving her a message the night before. Thankfully she was at the courthouse dealing with another legal issue of hers and could get too excited. In the end she basically agreed to what we had offered her in the beginning of our custody. She didn't seem to plan on providing Breanna with certain items and stated...if I send her up there in something too small just put it in a bag and send it back. Hate to say but it has been our experience, everything will be going back in a bag and we will be providing her clothes. This is fine with us as long as they get returned, a major problem in the past. Of course my thought is, if she knows the clothes or shoes are to small then why even put them on her at all. I guess we all just don't think alike.

Kevin helped me make Cheeseburger Soup(a recipe Erica gave me at church). We are a good soup assembly team. I made a double batch so I could take mom and dad some. Mom came home yesterday after lunch. She seems to be doing pretty good so far since her knee replacement. We stopped by to see them and drop it off on our way to pick up Christopher for Judgement House.

As soon as the kids got home we put it into high gear...homework, showers, dinner. Cindy was coming to watch Breanna so at first Breanna was going to eat with her, but when we all started eating she ate. Kevin, Cameron, Christopher and I left for Judgement House and of course I had to fill Cindy in on the rules...something told me Bre' would try to take advantage of Cindy. She could have soup for dinner or if she got hungry and then at 7:00 p.m. she could choose a snack. At 7:30 p.m. brush teeth, go potty and it is bedtime. As soon as we went out the door she pressed Cindy for candy, cereal and whatever else was off limits. Cindy text me and I gave her the rules again and told her to be firm and not let Breanna take advantage, too funny. Bedtime came and she tried to change those rules again. When we got home she was sound asleep, I guess she finally realized the rules were the rules no matter who was here. This was the first time we had a babysitter.

We met everyone at Christ Family Church and headed to Judgement House. I'm not sure but I think we had around 40-50 people go. Cameron was really excited and we heard there was a scene that might not be good for him to see, so I warned him and totally left it up to him. We were in the first 10 people to go in. It was a wonderful experience and very eye opening. God is so good. I think there were a few things that really triggered my emotions. One was when a man died in a hospital and the heart monitor went to a dull single beeeeeeeep, which let you know he had passed on. I don't think people get to hear that very often other than on t.v. and standing a few feet away from it gave a real sense of reality to it. The next thing that happened that was very emotional was when each of us was called by name to stand in judgement. Just the thought that this could be the time made you really think...am I sure? This was very stirring for Cameron. I think he was a little afraid of being separated at that moment and the fact that the black figure on stage had already taken two cast members away. We then headed to hell and Cameron decided he couldn't handle it. Kevin decided to stay outside with Cameron and Christopher who also backed out just as he was going in. The hell scene made me think. Everyone I think interprets what hell will be like. After seeing this I think my vision was opened up. I think hell will be very dark and empty, hot enough to make it uncomfortable and would make you just sit and think about what you could have done to change your life and always remembering what you miss. The portrayal of the devil was great to me. At times he spoke just as if he was sitting next to you having a conversation and then in an instant he became the evil person that he really is. It think the devil is just like that to us everyday. Insisting us to make things tempting and look good and then when you are drawn it you have nothing but torture to deal with and evil over your shoulder constantly. The final scene was heaven. The did this wonderfully...we actually got to enter through the gates of heaven. But the most meaningful moment is when Jesus came to each of us, took our hand, placed his hand on our shoulder and looked us straight into the eyes and welcomed us one at a time into heaven, while sharing a special message. It was amazing and I'm sure only touched what it will really be like. As we left I thought of the song, I can only imagine. I don't think I will be able to do anything but cry with JOY. Cameron prayed the salvation prayer again. I am so proud of him...he amazes me everyday and is so open at times with his love for God.

So as you can see it was a wonderful day and I look forward to what each and every day will bring us. I thank God for giving us eternal life and am so glad to know my family serves and awesome God and we all enjoy it.

Cheeseburger Soup

2 carrots
1 onion
2 stalks of celery (we leave out because we don't like it)
8 cups diced potatoes
3 cans chicken broth
1/4 cup flour
1/2 cup butter
1/2 lb hamburger meat (we use turkey, also if you like a lot of meat you can use 1 lb)
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup sour cream
1/2 lb Velveeta cheese (cut into small blocks)

Brown meat and drain, set aside. Chop potatoes into small chunks and set aside (was told you can use the steam and mash potatoes if you like). Grate carrots and chop celery and onion. Melt 1/2 cup butter in large 5 qt. pot and saute onion and celery until clear. Add cooked hamburger meat and potatoes along with the chicken broth and simmer until potatoes are tender. While this is cooking, take remaining butter and add flour over low heat. Stir until thick and set aside. Once the potatoes are done (to your liking) add the flour mixture to thicken the soup. Stir well and then add the cheese along with the milk. Stir occasionally until the cheese is melted. Right before serving take the soup off the heat and add the sour cream. Stir until incorporated and s
erve.

No comments:

Post a Comment