Tuesday, October 27, 2009

So Tired

Well we got up and made sure the kids looked as much in order as possible. Today was school picture day so we had to remind them to please check themselves and no silly smiles (you know they are tempted) when it is their turn. They came home looking pretty good so looks like it went well.

I worked at Serenity Pointe today, but just not enough hours to get it done. I had to rush home to meet Kevin and go to parent/teacher conferences this afternoon. Things are great! Breanna seems to be doing well and on target. We are going to check to see if speech is needed. This has been a concern for a few years, but they thought she would grow out of it. Hopefully that will be the same assessment. Regardless, we are on top of it. Cameron got rave reviews and I am so proud of him. The teachers are saying that he is a pleasure and is making great progress in is class. He is trying really hard and has managed to stay in the regular curriculum. I am so proud of him for trying his best. The sky is the limit. We have the best and SMARTEST kids (you can challenge me on that if you want - I might be a little biased).

I had Kevin make a throw together meal so we could come back home eat, do homework and hurry to the hospital to see mom. She is doing well with her surgery, but dad told me that in light of the bad rain and the fact that she was hurting and tired from her therapy that it might be best to let her rest. So we decided that we would just stay home and make sure things are in order since we have something planned every day this week.

Here is the recipe to the throw together meal I had Kevin make...just in case you are looking for something quick and different.

Quick Chicken & Rice

2 boxes Chicken Rice A Roni
1 can Corn (you can used and vegetable you like)
chicken (I had some left over that I cooked Saturday and just added it), canned or cooked (shredded or cubed)

Make Rice A Roni according to box directions, when adding the water add the drained can of corn and chicken. Done...easy and the kids love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment