Friday, April 17, 2009

Well It's Finally Friday



The day started out as normal as can be. Cameron off for school. Once everyone was up we did the typical stay at home things so the weekend isn't so cluttered. Laundry, clean the kitchen, straighten the house and thank God Kevin mowed the yard...my allergies couldn't handle it. I did go out in the yard and took a few pictures of nature.

These are a few things that always reminded me of Tennessee when I was traveling and I enjoy every time I see them.

Hopefully today will be more relaxing than anything. I am waiting on the Director of the charity I work at to stop by and pick up some baked goods for our Auction/Bake Sale tomorrow. I hope it has a very good turn out. It could help so may women and children who are homeless. We want our kids to understand that they should be thankful for everything they have. We want them to recognize that they are very lucky and when they have an opportunity they should help someone, especially in their community.

Hopefully we will have a simple evening. Plan to run to the store when Cameron gets home. I had taken homemade chili out of the freezer to make the family favorite Chili Cheese Casserole yesterday and well...this morning it was on the counter. I had forgotten to put it in the fridge last night. In the trash that went. So going to the store for a few items and dinner. Maybe a family movie or game tonight and a restful night of sleep. I'll keep you posted...this is actually kind of fun and I have a feeling it will be addictive.

Chili Cheese Casserole (great budget friendly meal for the family)

2 cans of your favorite Chili (I use leftover homemade saves money and tastes better)
2 boxes of Jiffy Cornbread Mix
1 8 oz package of shredded cheese

Take a rectangular glass dish, spray with non-stick spray, preheat oven to 400, mix cornbread mix according to package directions, fill dish, top with shredded cheese and then chili. Bake approximately 30-45 minutes according to how your oven bakes. Serve with sour cream or whatever chili topping you like.

I hope you enjoy it!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment