Sunday, April 26, 2009

Weekender

Well it's been a little busy this weekend and I just couldn't seem to find time until late at night to get online and I just decided to wait. No sense in blogging about nonsense when you are barely awake.

Kevin had to work this weekend. Breanna was gone and Cameron stayed with my folks. This is the only time I've not had a kid since before Thanksgiving. I enjoyed it but really what do you do with yourself. I wonder sometimes what I did before I had kids.

Friday after dropping Breanna off, Cameron, my friend Cindy and I decided to grab a bite to eat. On the way to the restaurant we had a real "Tommy Boy" moment. You know from the Chris Farley movie. Well earlier that day my battery went dead and I had to get a jump. Somehow the hood didn't get shut all the way and just when we are driving down the highway I hear this pop and the hood is bouncing up and down...seems that part of it is still latched. I slowed down and we made it to the restaurant. Forgot about it and ate and just when we were about to leave Cindy remember. I got out and tried to close it but it just wouldn't. I opened it and closed it several times. So we just drove home very carefully...all the way laughing our head off imagining what would happen if it opened while going down the road like in the movie. Kevin got home from work, goes out and releases the hood and closed it and it was fixed. Things like that just makes you mad when you try and try to fix something and then in a snap it's fixed. Oh well we had a good laugh.

Saturday was a run around errand day and Cindy and I went and got haircuts. I cut about six inches off my hair. Man does it feel so light. When Kevin came home from work we went to get something to eat and got to talking about when we were kids what we took in our lunch. I remember Twinkies, Ding Dong and then I said there was something we had but I wasn't sure of the name. I thought maybe it was Crockadocs or something. Kevin laughed and made fun of me so I called someone and they remember something like that but couldn't remember the name either. Well if you know me I have to figure it out, so I get online and start searching for cupcakes, snack cakes and anything I could think of. FINALLY I FOUND IT! It is a Chocodile. Made by Hostess, it is a Twinkies dipped in chocolate. I knew I wasn't crazy.

Sunday is usually a stay at home family day and of course watch Nascar if at all possible. I decided to make a special dessert today. I had never made this before and I'm pretty impressed with how it turned out. I made a Nutter Butter Banana Pudding. AWESOME!!!



NUTTER BUTTER BANANA PUDDING
1 package Nutter Butter Cookies
1 large package of vanilla pudding
1 large whipped topping
1 can condensed milk
3 cups milk
5-6 bananas

I used a trifle bowl, but whatever you have will be fine. Break the Nutter Butter Cookies in half and slice your bananas in round circles. Layer the cookies and then the bananas and continue to alternate until everything is used. In a large bowl add the milk, condensed milk, pudding and 2/3 of the whipped topping. Mix with mixer and then pour over the cookies and bananas. Top with the rest of your whipped topping and garnish as you like. I bought a package of the mini Nutter Butters, but you could crumble a couple of the larger cookies.

Be sure to try it and let me know what you think. I like it so much I think I'll make it for Kevin's family reunion in a few weeks. Well time to get ready for the week. The next couple of weeks look to be very busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment