Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The Rash

The nurse called me from school this morning at 8:30 to tell me Cameron had some sort of rash on his body. I was warned last Monday at the doctor's office that it is common to get a rash on the antibiotic they prescribed for strep. Well of course my car was still in the shop and my dad had to go get him. By the time he got home he was covered from head to toe in a measle like rash. He wasn't itching or having trouble breathing. I called the doctor's office and the nurse told me it was okay to give him some Benadryl, so I did. Later the doctor called me and we decided to just keep an eye on him and continue with the medication along with Benadryl. My dad picked us up to go to dinner at their house tonight (no car) so I decided to give his medicine a couple of hours early so I could watch him better. Thirty minutes after taking it he was all dotted again. This is what he looked like four hours after he took it today.


You might not can tell but I can tell you this it looks uncomfortable. Let's just hope it doesn't start itching and we survive the last three doses.

No comments:

Post a Comment