Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Take a deep breath...

Cameron is having a hard time dealing with impulsive behavior. Today he got so upset I had to pick him up from school practically as soon as it started. It must be very hard for him to have an impulsive burst and then realize that is was not constructive and have such remorse and be so sorry and hard on yourself. I get so concerned for him. For a 10 year old he has a lot to deal with. Sometimes it seems so unfair. I'm trying to be the most understanding mother and act in a positive way. I know God will get him through this stage in life as he has so many others. For those of you that have children like Cameron, please know that they do try but sometimes life is even hard for a child. Just let them know you are there for them always and be patient. It will work out in the end. I'm sure of it.

Another issue that the family is dealing with is attending church regularly. Kevin and I have such a strong religious background and really love the Lord. Our church has been my church since I can remember. My parents and grandfather still attend there. My cousin is the Youth Pastor as well. We just and have for a long time feel that it is time to move on. We are scared to make the move but know it is inevitable. God had been dealing with us to go somewhere that offers more for our personal situation and even though we love our church and the people they are not meeting the needs of our family. We have decided to visit a few churches in the area and pray about a new start. So please keep us in your prayers and pray we make the best decision for our family. Thank you to everyone that has been with us throughout our journey with God.

The kids had a great time at the park today. The sun went behind the clouds and the breeze felt so good that I had to take them to play before the rain started. Funny when we got there it was sprinkling and stopped pretty quick. It made for a nice relaxing book reading moment while the kids worked off some energy. I hope we can do this more often since the weather is getting to be so nice. I think it is going to rain this weekend but maybe we can squeeze in a little park time.

Kevin just got in from work and it is time for the kids to go to bed. I plan on getting to bed early with a little book reading maybe. First I have to visit with Kevin and do our daily download for the day. I'm so glad I have Kevin. He makes life in general so much easier. I don't know what I'd do without him.

No comments:

Post a Comment