Sunday, April 19, 2009

Rainy Days!

Well today it rained so it kept us from doing the garden. Found out my car needs a little bit more work...yep in the shop for ummm the third time I think. The air conditioner as an issue of course Kevin will be working the next few days so he won't be able to fix it until he is off. I really need to check the weather, I hope it isn't a heatwave this week. The kids have been a little bored today. Cameron got in trouble and chose his punishment of not riding his bike. He can start back on Tuesday...how many more days. Of course it was raining so he couldn't ride it anyway. Breanna chose a punishment of no T.V. today and I think she is really regretting it. Even though we limit their T.V. anyway it is killing her that everyone else can watch. We took some advice and decided to let the kids choose their punishment. So far so good. Of course we have to hear the constant "I'm bored" comments. We did have a great family dinner though.
MENU
Turkey Meatloaf
Green Beans
Squash
Mashed Potatoes
Cornbread

By the way the green beans were good. I didn't get enough salt in them. So when you make yours remember you need more. I do have to say crock pot makes it easier but the stove top is my preference. You decide.
Everyone seems to to really like my turkey meatloaf (I don't think everyone realizes that I use turkey unless I tell them). So I'll share my recipe with you. I'm a dump cook so there is no measuring in this, but the ingredients are the key. Don't substitute.
Turkey Meatloaf
Ground Turkey
Oatmeal
Saltine Crackers
Onion Powder
Garlic Powder
Minced Onion - dried
Ketchup
Mustard
Sweet Baby Ray's Honey BBQ Sauce - the key
Eggs

Topping
Ketchup
Sweet Baby Ray's Honey BBQ Sauce
Mustard
Brown Sugar

Just mix and spray pan with non-stick stray, place in pan, mix topping and spread over top. I usually bake at 350 for about 40 minutes. Just make sure the turkey is done.
By the way I thought the play by play was too much yesterday. I think I'll just tell you the special parts, you know the fun stuff. Well I've had a few comments and it seems the people that have read our family blog seem to enjoy it. Let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment