Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Weekly Menu 8/21-27/11



This week is going to be easy on me. As usual I have some pre-made items that will save me some time. I love making double batches and freezing so that I have quick access with a homemade flavor when I need it. I’m really making life easy for myself this week and my grocery bill just basically will be:

milk
bread
dry or canned red beans
hot dog buns
squash (my garden quit on this item)

I really like to keep my pantry stocked with grab items and so I never run out of stuff like ketchup. I’ll try to come up with a staple pantry and hopefully it will help you. If you do a monthly pantry budget and a weekly budget you will find your grocery budget will go a lot further. I hope you enjoy this week’s menu and it makes your life easier. I’d love to hear from you, feel free to comment below.


Weekly Menu

Sunday 8/21
Hot Dogs
Baked Beans

Monday 8/22
Chili Cheese Fries (left over chili from freezer, made before click on link below)
http://tennesseefamily.blogspot.com/2010/01/spicy-black-bean-chili.html

Tuesday 8/23
Tacos
Spanish Rice

Wednesday 8/24
Red Beans and Rice with Smoked Sausage (made this before, click on link below to my livestrong recipe box)
http://www.livestrong.com/recipes/red-beans-rice-w-cajun-sausage/

Thursday 8/25
Leftovers or Soup and Sandwich

Friday 8/26
Breakfast Sandwiches (remember breakfast for 1 dinner a week will save on your grocery bill)

Saturday 8/27
Chicken Squash Pasta (made this before, click on link below)
http://tennesseefamily.blogspot.com/2011/07/yummy-chicken-squash-pasta.html

No comments:

Post a Comment