Thursday, August 18, 2011

Blueberry Topped Pancakes


So tonight is our breakfast night on the menu. It's always fun for the family to have breakfast at dinner. Pancakes and Turkey Bacon was what I had planned and then I happen to think I had peaches and blueberries and well as you can see the blueberries won. So I decided to make a compote for the top and Cameron requested whipped cream and I just happen to have some cool whip in the fridge that was still good (I always have one in the freezer just in case I need it and all I have to do is thaw it). As you can see the pancakes turned out yummy and we are all stuffed.

Blueberry Compote

1 bag of frozen blueberries (you can use fresh 1 pint)
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup water
1 tbsp cornstarch

Just put blueberries, sugar and water in a pan on high and bring to a boil. Let boil for a few minutes and then mix your cornstarch with a small amount of water until blended and add to pot while stirring. Put on simmer until ready to serve if you want you let cool and place in fridge.

This works for all types of fruits and makes a quick topping at a moments notice. You may want to keep a pound cake in the freezer along with some fruit or berries for a quick company dessert or a last minute family snack. Hope you enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment