Thursday, March 25, 2010

Just a good day, what can I say?!

Today was a good day! I took the kids to school so Cameron could take his Science Project without breaking his neck on the bus. This was a treat for them, it amazes me how much a child looks forward to riding the bus until they have to ride it, lol. While driving to work, Kevin called me and he got called into work. I love it when God provides extra income. Since our income tax has been delayed due to the bio-mom thinking as usual the rules don't apply to her, my job situation has changed and I've moved to two days a week and hopefully this summer it will be three and Kevin has picked up a few extra hours here and there. Cameron called me while I was at work today to tell me that he only missed two on his spelling test and got and 86. I am so proud of him. There isn't a day that goes by that I'm not amazed. When I got home we took Breanna to get her picture made with the Easter Bunny. Of course Cameron didn't want his taken...he's thinks he is too old. We had a really good evening as a family hanging out together. I will be sad this weekend since Breanna has to go on her visit. I plan on keeping busy with Cameron and doing some Spring Cleaning.
Do you ever have leftover BBQ? When I do I usually freeze it for later. Here is an quick, easy, cheap and yummy recipe the whole family will love.
BBQ Pita Pizzas
Pita Bread
Leftover BBQ
BBQ Sauce
Shredded Cheese
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Take Pita Bread and brush lightly with BBQ Sauce, add leftover BBQ and top with Shredded Cheese. Bake for 10-15 minutes until Pita is crispy and cheese is melted.
This is a bargain meal. I buy the Pita Bread with the grocery store marks it down (paid $1.19 for a pack of 6) and keep it in the freezer until I get ready to use it. The BBQ was leftover and the BBQ Sauce was already in the fridge, so no extra cost involved there. I bought a pack of Shredded Cheese for $1.79 and didn't even use but half of the package (so some for another day). Basically we ate for less that $3.00 tonight....AWESOME!

No comments:

Post a Comment