Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Back On Track

Okay, lots has really happened and I just got to fill you in.

Well January finished with more sickness that seems to be lasting in spurts throughout the household.

February proved to be very loving. Kevin and Breanna attend the Father/Daughter Dance at her school. Cameron and I celebrated by having dinner at one of his favorite restaurants; Biba's Italian Restaurant. This proved to be a good trip because I was able to mimic his favorite dish; Tortellini Gabrielle the following week for dinner. Yum and what a savings.

March so far has just been more sickness and getting in to the spring cleaning thing. Although the most eventful moment is when we filed out taxes only to find out that Kevin's ex-wife just up and decided the rules don't apply to her and claimed Breanna. So with a lawyer on standby and the IRS working on the investigation, we will just wait for that refund. It really amazes me at how she continues to find excuses and ways to justify her illegal and odd behavior. Of course the icing on the cake for this is that instead of being Kevin's fault, she decided the blame should be on me this time. I hope it is worth it, the IRS Agent I spoke with said she could face not only paying back what she got, penalties, interest and perjury charges. Not likely jail time if she cooperates (that is kind of funny).

Oh, I almost forgot two of the biggest changes in our life. With Kevin's support I have begun a support group at our church. It is called P.A.R.E.N.T.S. (Praying and Reaching Everyone's Needs Through Support). We have been meeting every Wednesday since February and just this past week decided to meet the 1st and 3rd Wednesday's of the month (everyone is so busy). This is support/fellowship group for parents of children that may have a learning, mental or health issue. I really felt led to do this since all three of these issues are dealt with in our household and in the last 11 years I have basically not found any group that could just listen or offer advice on situations they have been through. We really wanted to be broad since we don't know what the community need really is, or what God has in store. We want everyone to feel welcome, even if you don't have a child with any issues we feel that daily parenting issues can cause enough grief and maybe just the average parent might want to be a part of our group also. Let me know if you are interested and I will get our information to you.

The next important factor in our life is that God is providing wonderful opportunities for the charity I've been working for the past year. Due to accepted grants, I have gone from 1 day a week to 2 days a week. And hopefully if we get the other grant we applied for it will allow me to work 3 days a week starting some time in the summer. I'm really excited about what I'll be doing and know it is for God. I'm also excited about getting a paycheck. YEA!

Well that should pretty much catch you up on things. I'm sure I left a lot out but I'm planning to really push myself and start this up again...3 times a charm, LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment