Sunday, November 8, 2009

Waiting

I've been a little blah this weekend. Kevin had to work all weekend and of course Breanna is gone as well. I just don't do well when the family isn't together. I did have Christopher so that helps a bit. Friday after dropping Breanna off, the boys and I ran to Walmart for a quick meal from the deli. Funny how kids love little things. Equally funny is how I tell them I'm going to bed to watch t.v. in my bedroom and for them not to stay up too late and by 9:00 p.m. they are both sound asleep.

Saturday we had the breakfast pile. Pull a biscuit apart, top with scrabbled eggs, hash browns, bacon or sausage, gravy and then shredded cheese...a favorite for the kids. We cleaned up and headed to Serenity Pointe's Open House. The kids had a great time and enjoyed hot dogs and sweets. They had a pretty good turn out. Made taco salad for dinner. Seemed like we ate all day long. Not really. The boys ended the night playing the Wii. If you have kids I suggest that you let them play video games in earshot, you're sure to get a big laugh.

Today arrived and seemed to be pretty good. Everyone was ready for church and Cameron got sick to his stomach and crawled in my bed. Ended up sleeping for over two hours until I woke him. He said he felt better but had a little fever. After we took Christopher home he came home and ate a dinner of chicken, rice and carrots. We piled on the couch and watched Sleepless in Seattle. I love moments like that. I hope he never outgrows showing his love for me. Nothing like an 11 year old that still likes to hold your hand and hug you.

No comments:

Post a Comment