Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Planning or O.C.D.?

Yep, I'm a planner. No shame in it...right?!


I love the idea of having my days planned and knowing basically what to expect. When I look at my calendar I have every one's schedule in one place and thanks to Google Calendar I print it out and place it on the fridge for everyone to see. It allows me to keep track of Kevin's work schedule, Breanna's visitation, Cameron's Home School, Doctor's Appointments, family activities, daily menu, etc. (I guess you get the idea). It seems I can never plan enough. I was once told that my insistence on my perfection in knowing what is going on is just a clinical term called O.C.D. So...maybe it is. I think that if you are going to be O.C.D. then organization is the way to go. I happen to like going to bed every night knowing what tomorrow has in store. Of course practically speaking our life is really unknown. Cameron's situation is always changing and of course causing things to change on our calendar regularly. Planning helps us to keep him on track and allows us to help him remain comfortable with all upcoming events and changes before they happen. If you have a child with ADHD or lives with elements of paranoia this is an essential part of their life. So I may plan most of our day but it certainly isn't written in stone. Maybe they should classify me as Flexible O.C.D. Hmmm, I wonder if that is to contradictory.

No comments:

Post a Comment