Friday, May 8, 2009

Long time no hear huh?

Things get so busy sometimes. I can't believe Friday is almost over. We have had a pretty good week as a family. Church was good this week. Both the kids looked forward to Wednesday night service and had a great time. They seem to be making new friends and getting use to the new atmosphere. Kevin found out that his plant is going to shut down for Sunday. So that means he gets to go to church this week and we are very happy about that. We really like this church. Continue to pray for us to make a good decision.

Today Breanna goes to her mother's. I realized this week something very important. Not that I wasn't aware of it before, but that I really wasn't going about it the right way. Her mother and I are very different and will never be anything alike. I always realized I couldn't change her no more than she can change me. But what I was continually finding myself doing is trying to understand her. It can't be done. You have to be in those shoes to really understand what is driving someone to act and say the things they do. I finally have woke up and decided that God has room for everyone and I just need to accept her as she is and pray that we have a better working relationship with each other for the sake of Breanna. Nothing else matters, God will deal with each of us individually so why get all bent out of shape over something that you can't control. So I turned it over to God. Yeah I've done this before, but I don't think I realized how until now. All I know is I can do the best to make this work and as long as I do my best then I know that God will take care of my family. I can't worry about things I have no control over. I helped Breanna do a Mother's Day card for her mother and it really felt good. Breanna was a little upset over being told that she would spend mother's day with her mother and that Cameron would spend Mother's Day with his mother. It seemed to really concern her the way her mother had explained it. At first I got upset and then I thought this morning how can I do the best for the situation. I can't help what was said to her, but I could make it not seem so upsetting. So this morning I told Breanna that it was our special Mother's Day. That no one would have today as Mother's Day but me and her. We cleaned her room up together and tried everything on. She has grown out of everything and I had to take and get her practically a new wardrobe a few days back. We left to run and errand and I told her that since it was our special Mother's Day that she could choose a place to eat lunch. She chose the Huddle House. She had a waffle and I had a chicken sandwich and sweet potatoes french fries. We shared everything and had a great talk. While there she called to talk to her nanny and then we went by my mom's to say hi to her. To complete our afternoon I let her pick out some earrings to put on...pink guitars and painted her finger and toe nails. She keeps talking about how this is our special day. I think I made a great decision and she seems to have forgotten anything about what was concerning her.

Cameron is going to spend the night with his Nana and Paw since he has had a good week at school. He did get in trouble for talking today but I don't think that is so bad, it wasn't in class just in the hallway so we talked and he would try to be quiet next time. Mom said that Carl (my brother) and my dad were going to see Star Trek and that if Cameron could go we could get something to eat after we drop Breanna off. I had already planned on going with Cindy but since her crazy dog was acting up. Picture this...a mastiff that is scared of heavy rain, so scared and alone today that she got on the kitchen sink and wouldn't get down. Cindy's mother walked in on the dog sitting on the kitchen sink. How funny is that? So maybe Cindy will be able to go or maybe she will have to console her dog. If it works out, Cindy, her mom, my mom and me will get a bite to eat tonight. We shall see.

It's really been a great day so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment